07th Expansion’s official site for TRianthology has just updated, with story descriptions, characters, and more.
We now finally know the official name of all three stories:
Vespio 2438: A far-future science fiction war story. Most likely written by Ryukishi07, since its character art is clearly by him.
Country Girl: A story about high school friends who went on a school trip together, eventually dispersed, but then came back together. Written by Romeo Tanaka and currently being serialized as a manga online.
Gakuen Renai: Set in a galge-like world, with a protagonist who’s very popular with the ladies (incoming trope inversion?)
One other piece of excellent news: the staff page includes musicians from previous 07th Expansion games like Dai, Pre-holder, xaki, and M. Zakky (though still no zts). Because really, these games wouldn’t be half as good without their soundtrack.
It’s interesting how the different stories use totally different character artists (unless Vespio’s outlines are just a placeholder?) I’ll probably be the only person disappointed that Ryukishi07 isn’t drawing all of it. It makes me wonder how all the stories will end up coming together, though. I did notice that the protagonist of Country Girl has a shirt with a stopwatch and rabbit design, clearly related to the whole Alice in Wonderland theme the game hints at.
To the readers, sorry it’s been so long since this blog’s last post! I’m just now surfacing from a brain-addling haze of Fire Emblem: Fates. 150+ hours in, and still more routes to go…
But in news that actually matters, the cast for the previously announced live action TV show of Higurashi has now been finalized. The show will feature:
- Yuuma Ishigaki as Tomitake Jiro
- Yū Inaba as Keiichi Maebara
- Minami Katō as Rena Ryūgū
- Rika Nakai as Mion Sonozaki, Shion Sonozaki (they’ll have to be clever with camera angles when both characters appear in the same scene).
- Reina Seiji as Satoko Hōjō
- Hinata Honma as Rika Furude
- Rie Kitahara as Miyo Takano
- Moeka Takakura as “the mysterious girl”…I’d assume this is Hanyuu. Which is interesting, considering the theory that the show’s 8 episodes will only cover the Question arcs. Although she could still be worked into the Question arcs for some extra hints to the audience.
The names for the female actors, all from the NGT48 idol group, link to a video of their audition. They’re all multi-character scenes, and I can’t tell which girl is which. But still, it gives one an idea of what the acting will be like.
This Japanese article also has side-by-side comparisons of these and other male characters, some of which are perfect.
As you can see, at least they got the show’s most important character right, so I can rest easy.
The show is still set to air in May, on Fridays at 9:00 PM. I’m looking forward to the inevitable fansubs.